The NBA has announced the NBA Award Finalists for 2019-2020.
The NBA said in July that all awards for the 2019-20 season would be based on games up until March 11, when that RONA forced a pause to the season. Media members made their votes before the seeding games began on July 30.
The NBA Award finalists are the top performers for the 2019-20 regular season for the following awards:
Kia NBA Most Valuable Player, Kia NBA Rookie of the Year, Kia NBA Defensive Player Year, Kia NBA Sixth Man Award, Kia NBA Most Improved Player and NBA Coach of the Year.
The finalists for the six annual awards, based on voting results from a global panel of sportswriters and broadcasters, are listed below:
NBA Most Valuable Player Finalists:
NBA Defensive Player of the Year:
NBA Rookie of the Year:
NBA Most Improved Player:
NBA Sixth Man of the Year:
NBA Coach of the Year:
Mike Budenholzer (Bucks)
Billy Donovan (Thunder)
Nick Nurse (Raptors)
The winners for the awards will be announced during the NBA playoffs after the seeding games period concludes on August 14.
NBA Awards 2019 2020 Update
- Ja Morant won Rookie of the Year
- Giannis won Defensive Player of the Year
- Nick Nurse won Coach of the Year
- Brandon Ingram won Most Improved Player
- Giannis won Most Valuable Player
- Montrezl Harrell won 6th Man of the year
Related NBA Content:
- Best NBA Players Ever: Michael Jordan #1, Who Is #2?
- DRAM On LeBron James Sprite Cranberry Commercial, NBA2K, Legend Of “BubbaChuck” Allen Iverson
- Muggsy Bogues Height: Would He Be “Overlooked” In Today’s NBA?
- Tallest Player in NBA History: Gheorghe Muresan
- Top 5 Most NBA Playoff Points Per Game
- Top 10 Free Agent Signings In NBA History