Not every NFL running back could cut their teeth as a lumberjack — I just can’t see Jamaal Charles pulling it off — but you get the feeling Green Bay Packers’ RB Eddie Lacy could.
His rugged running style, quiet demeanor, and imposing physicality are all traits that align themselves with larger than life studs like Paul Bunyan.
Speaking of PB, Lacy spent a full day at the Paul Bunyan’s Northwood’s Lumberjack Show in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin under the tutelage of competitive lumberjacks Shana Verstegen and Cassidy Scheer as part of Gatorade’s “Beat the Heat” program. Check out the video highlights of “Lacy the Lumberjack”:
Eddie Lacy throws a mean axe (he’s a “bad axe”), collecting a bullseye on just his third-ever throw.
“These guys make it look extremely easy,” said Eddie Lacy. “Probably one of the hardest things I’ve ever done in my life. Definitely a highlight for me today.”
During his first two years in the league, Lacy has scored 20 TDs via the ground and accumulated 2,317 rushing yards, while catching 77 passes and four more scores.
Heading into the 2015 NFL season, Lacy is projected to be one of the top three running backs in fantasy football.
More NFL Content:
- Tom Brady, Jimmy Garoppolo, Jacoby Brissett: Success Unrivaled In NFL History
- Packers’ Clay Matthews On His NFL DNA and His Hair
- Rob Gronkowski Is The MAN – 5 Reasons Why
- Packers David Bakhtiari And Corey Linsley On Holding, Shaving, Loving – Well, Not Loving
- Favre vs. Rodgers; The Numbers Speak For Themselves